Bachelor of commerce is a 3-year UG program. It offers to elect the combination of subjects in which the student is interested. It provides knowledge of various fields of accounts and finance in which students can explore his/her pursuits. It offers conceptual knowledge in accounting, taxation, business law, economics, and management.
B.Com Course provides a framework for familiarizing students with the financial essentials of the organization. It gives a rock-solid background in matters of core finance. Here are presented some of the benefits of pursuing a B.Com program degree.
- Huge scope for employment: B.Com is one of the most sought-after courses across the country. It covers a different range of subjects such as marketing, economics, accounting, finance, taxation, business, and management. It opens avenues for job opportunities in different sectors such as banking, stockbroking, industrial houses, business consultancies, accounting enterprises, treasury & forex, agricultural economics, etc.
- Career advancement opportunities: B.Com imparts soft skills such as persistence, intellectual prowess, determination, leadership, discipline, stamina, and handling of challenging environments.
- Massive job profiles: The program offers a vast range of job profiles such as auditor, junior analyst, finance officer, business analyst, accountant, sales analyst, tax accountant, business development trainee, stockbroker, economist, and business development trainee.
- Multiple Job areas: B.Com students have the option of exploring different job opportunities such as foreign trade, budget planning, public accounting firms, industrial houses, marketing, working capital management, inventory control, investment banking, public accounting firms, educational institutes, policy planning, and merchant banking.
- Higher salary packages: As B.Com students have a higher degree of specialized knowledge on different topics, salary packages depend on their caliber.
B.Com degree provides specialization in management and leadership skills and helps you deal with different finance problems without any hassles. Students can pursue professional courses after completing B.Com. Below are mentioned some of them:
- Chartered Accountancy: CA is one of the most popular courses for students after completing B.Com provides an essential knowledge base for pursuing the CA curriculum.
- Master of Business Administration: MBA in finance is certainly another attractive career option to pursue after completing B.Com Course as finance educational backdrop helps in preparing well for the course.
- Master in Commerce: M Com is a specialized course that prepares knowledge domains in finance, accounting, statistics, economics, and so on.
- ICWAI: The cost accounting course provides practical exposure to take up the job opportunities such as cost controller, auditor, chief accountant, accountant, and chief internal auditor.
- To help students develop a strong base in the different areas of commerce.
- To assist them in developing entrepreneurship skills and take strategic decisions.
- To enrich their soft skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication skills, discipline, and leadership skills among others.
- To prepare them for applying business and financial techniques and concepts in the areas of commerce.